1. Print Documents from Application Packet Tab (Application may be filled out online).
Send completed documents and payments to:
Berean Baptist College
4459 Highway 17 South
Fleming Island, FL 32003
Phone: (904) 773-8416
2. All incoming freshman are required to submit ACT scores to the Admissions Office for final acceptance. The ACT is not required of students if they have earned 60 semester hours from another recognized college or university nor is it required of students applying for the three-year program. For those students that have not had the opportunity to schedule taking the ACT on a national test date, arrangements can be made for testing at Berean Baptist College prior to enrollment.
Consult your principal or counselor regarding locations of testing centers and forms needed for registering. You may write to The American College Testing, Post Office Box 168, Iowa City, Iowa 52243.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS
1. Married men must be at least twenty years old by the first day of registration for each semester, and married women must be at least nineteen years old.
2. No one under the age of twenty-five years of age on the first day of registration for each semester who is divorced and single may attend Berean Baptist College.
3. Every student under twenty years of age on the first day of registration for each semester must be either a high school graduate or a G.E.D. graduate. If a person is twenty years of age or older, he may enter our Bible School Program without being a high school or G.E.D. graduate.
4. Three personal reference forms and a pastor’s reference form must be received by the Admissions Office before anyone’s admission is finalized.
Written Personal Testimony: Since Berean Baptist College is distinctively a Christian school to train Christians to serve our Lord Jesus Christ, applicants must give testimony of having received Him as personal Saviour. A written personal testimony of the applicant’s assurance of salvation is required with the application.
Character References: The Administration and faculty have a deep conviction that we endeavor to provide not only the best academic and practical training but also the best spiritual training as well. Building Christian character and spirituality is a prime goal of the college. Each applicant must give as references the names and addresses of four acquaintances (his pastor and three others) to give testimony regarding his salvation and Christian character. The admissions office must receive all four references, including the pastor’s reference.
Church Attendance: All requests to attend any church other than Berean Baptist Church of Orange Park must be individually approved by the Administrative Committee of the college. Because we are a local church, all students are required to attend, join, and actively participate in all the ministries of Berean Baptist Church.
Transcripts from Other Colleges: Students from other colleges must have all transcripts sent directly to Berean Baptist College from the schools attended whether or not credits have been received. It is expected that transfer students be in good standing at the school last attended. Credit is given for all subjects which are equivalent to those offered in our catalog and in which a grade of “C” or better was earned. An evaluation of a transcript must be made by the Academic Dean to determine which credits can be accepted and to determine the classification of a transfer student. A student must earn at least forty-eight semester hours credit in residence at Berean Baptist College to receive a degree from this institution. Credit toward a Berean Baptist College degree will not be transferred from more than two institutions. (Exceptions: Berean Baptist College will review credits from any number of schools that were attended while the student was in the military service.) Any applicant who has attended another college must have a transcript sent to Berean Baptist College by every college he attended even if he does not desire to transfer any credits or if no credits were earned there. It is the responsibility of the student who requests transferring of credits from another college to make available to the Academic Dean the catalog of that school.
Transfer Credit: A student who desires to transfer to Berean Baptist College must care for this matter as soon as possible. A student must earn forty-two of his last forty-eight hours at Berean Baptist College. The other six hours must be approved in advance by the Vice President’s office.
Placement Tests: Berean Baptist College offers the following placement tests that cover introductory courses taught at the college.
English Placement Test -- All students who are required to take English Grammar and Composition I (EN 101) should take the English Placement Test during registration their first semester of college. Those who do not take the test and those who do not pass the test must pass Basic English (EN 100) before enrolling in EN 101. Anyone who misses ten or fewer questions on the English Placement Test may substitute another approved English course for English Grammar and Composition I (EN 101).
General Math Test -- All Elementary and Secondary majors should take the General Math Test during registration their first semester of college. Elementary Education majors who pass this test may take an elective course in its place. Secondary Education majors who fail this test must take General Mathematics (MA 100) as their first elective.
Fundamentals of Math Test -- All Elementary Education majors should take the Fundamentals of Math Test during registration their first semester of college. Students who pass this test may be exempt from Fundamentals of Math (MA 101) and take an elective in its place.
Fundamentals of Music Test -- All Elementary Education majors and students with a music teaching field must either pass the Fundamentals of Music Test which is given during registration their first semester of college or enroll in the course Fundamentals of Music (MU 101).